Pages

August 21, 2012

Time Flies

I just returned from meeting with my hip doctor (the calm, cool and collected Dr. Scott Martin at Brigham and Women's). 

There is good news: I am getting better ......more flexibility in my hip and back—many thanks to PT and Ana's excellent work. The hip joint pain is not as strong as it was in May. I can step up with out excruciating pain and drive stick shift with out hobbling from the car to the house. There is hope. The best news is I do not need surgery. If I follow the doctor's advice......

There is not-so-good news: (well depends on one's point-of-view I suppose). "No impact sports. No running. ESPECIALLY NO RUNNING FOR 5 YEARS until your hip and related problems are free and clear." Bummer.

With my love of running as strong as it is, I will continue to be involved as I have been (while recovering & not running) by volunteering and designing for races and runners. Yes, there are a lot of other physical activities to which I can look forward!

3 comments:

Dan said...

That is good and bad news but I'm happy you are showing (and feeling) progress. How about backpacking in the future? I'm leaning that way IF I ever get better.

RawBodyGoddess said...

5 YEARS????? Wow. Is he a Sport's Medicine Doc? Is this your second opinion? Why 5 years? Seems so long... :(

Glad you are geeting SOME improvement though...you have really been through it....(((Em)))

pathfinder said...

....5 years?...I don't know if I could do it